Sunday, August 31, 2008

Crasher of Castles: Part Deux

I completed Castle Crashers today on my own. Red Knight Guy is level 28, and strictly melee oriented. Now that I've had time with the game, I'm really happy with it. My complaints are minor and only relate to a few levels, the multiplayer (though still unstable over Xbox Live at the time of writing this) is absolutely a blast and there are things to collect and unlock. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

There are adorable little animals you can find that will follow you around and give a bonus of some sort. For example the ram will periodically knock some enemies down for you, while the frog will retrieve items for you and the chicken will give you stat bonuses. Some are automatically found in the game and others are hidden in various stages. You can also unlock a shitpot of characters, mostly through finishing the game with each character. I'm not sure how many of these I'll do, but the option is nice. The only part of the game I really still dislike is the "All You Can Quaff" minigame, which is just a button bashing exercise. But this is totally optional and separate frtom the main game and is easily ignored.

All told, Castle Crashers is a pleasant surprise and highly recommended, particularly for those who have some friends to play with. It's also made by a small-time developer, and it's nice to give your bucks to the little guys once in a while, even if it is via Microsoft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home