Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Post-Gen Con 2008

Wife and I just got back from Gen Con 08 on Sunday. We went with a couple of friends and had a great time. Can't believe it's already over, and that we won't be back for a whole year. We added a few titles to our small (but growing) board game collection.

Our little collection nearly doubled this weekend.

Much of our time was spent at the Mayfair Games booth, and we came home with the Cities and Knights expansion for Settlers of Catan (love it,) Gangster and Fredericus from them. We also picked up a Carcassonne spin-off called The Discovery (I thought I was buying the original, but it's all good) and a nifty, family-friendly little game called 10 Days in Europe.

Of these, I've spent the most time with Gangster and heartily recommend it to any board game/strategy game buffs out there. I'm currently trying to set up a semi-regular game day with friends, as I'm tired of only gaming a couple of times a year. Always having a full schedule is one of the drawbacks to being an adult I guess.

Great? Shit? Somewhere in between? Time will tell.

I also finally broke down and bought The World Ends with You for Nintendo DS today. I'm going to give it a go and report back some impressions as soon as I can put Final Fantasy Tactics A2 down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home